A variety of roulette, which is commonly referred to as French roulette, has common rules for this game of chance. It also uses a drum with a rotating part, which presents numbered cells. The same numbers are duplicated on a special table layout.
From the most common European roulette it differs in some nuances of the gameplay and appearance. The main feature of French roulette is the rule La Partage, thanks to which this version of the game became the most profitable for users. Read about it below.
Since roulette appeared in France, we can say that the French version is the ancestor of the game, which has become the main symbol of the casino.
Description of French Roulette
The aim of the game of French Roulette is to guess in what number or group of numbers will stop the ball, which the croupier launches at the beginning of each round. Accordingly, the player makes one or more bets, which are paid according to the established odds.
Layout of the table for this version of roulette differs from that used in the European version, the location of the fields for external bets (red / black, even / odd, columns and so on). They are traditionally located on either side of the thirty-seven numbered cells.
In the classic version, all the terms on the layout should be presented in French, although this point in modern gambling is not always respected.
Interestingly, in French roulette all numbers on the table can be presented in the same color. Thus, red and black they are only on the reel.
The track for verbal bets is not always offered. If it is, it is on the dealer’s side.
The course of the game on French roulette
The game begins with the dealer announcing the start of the round and launching the ball. Players make bets on the field, in which they can be helped by the dealer (for example, take chips on sectors or neighbors). The croupier also controls the course of chip placement, removing excesses and correcting carelessly placed tokens.
When the ball slows down, the dealer closes the acceptance of bets. Next, the ball stops in one of the cells, determining the winning number. After that, the dealer removes all losing bets and makes a payout. At this point the round is over.
Types of bets on French Roulette
French Roulette accepts a large number of bets, covering one or more numbers. They are discussed below with an indication of the payout odds.
- On a single number (Straight, Straight Up, Single) – 35:1
- On two numbers (Split) – 17:1
- On three rooms (Street) – 11:1
- On four rooms (Corner, Quad, Square) – 8:1
- On six numbers (Six Line, Line, Double Street) – 5:1
- Small numbers 1 to 18 (Manque, Low) – 1:1
- Large numbers from 19 to 36 (Passe, High) – 1:1
- Red (Rouge, Red) – 1:1
- Black (Noir, Black) – 1:1
- Even (Pair, Even) – 1:1
- Odd (Impair, Odd) – 1:1
- Dozens of twelve numbers in order (Douzaine, Dozen) – 2:1
- Columns of twelve numbers upright from a zero (Column) – 2:1
- Neighbors – The bet includes the number named by the player and the two numbers to the right and left of him on the wheel.
- Voisins du zéro (Neighbors of Zero) – A bet that overlaps the numbers 0, 2, 3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22, 25, 26, 28, 29, 32 and 35 with nine chips.
- Jeu zéro (Zero Game, Zero spiel) – A bet that overlaps the numbers 0, 3, 12, 15, 26, 32 and 35 with four chips.
- Le tiers du cylindre (Thirds of the Wheel, Tier, Small Series) – A bet that overlaps the 5/8, 10/11, 13/16, 23/24, 27/30, and 33/36 splits with six chips.
- Orphelins (Orphans) – A bet that overlaps the numbers 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 31 and 34 with five chips.
Also on the roulette can accept additional bets on a series of numbers. They are not traditional, but often introduced in casinos to attract customers. Such are Finals, Completes and others. They are also discussed in separate publications on our portal.
La Partage rule applies to French Roulette
It means that when a zero occurs, bets made on equal chances (even/odd, red/black and big/small numbers) do not lose completely. The player loses only half of the amount.
It is this point of the rules makes this type of roulette more profitable.
How to play French Roulette in a casino for money?
French roulette becomes the most profitable for the player if he bets on equal odds.
If you play by the field, it does not differ from the European variety.
Also remind readers Casinoz that the system bets do not reduce the mathematical superiority of the casino over the client. Accordingly, they do not increase the probability of winning, but they can be used in practice to streamline the gameplay or control the expenditure of the bankroll.